The Port Dundas Distillery extension on the north bank of the Forth and Clyde Canal, 1970s.
The distillery was acquired by the Distillers Co Ltd (DCL) in 1877, destroyed by fire in 1903 but rebuilt and reopened in 1913. It was modernised and re-equipped after the Second World War and it was transferred to the management of the DCL production company Scottish Grain Distillers in 1966. A £7 million modernisation programme was initiated in the 1970s, when a new grain intake and a new spirit store were added (in 1974); a new still house was erected on the site of the old spirit store (1976) and a new boiler house and dark grains plant were opened (1976-1977).
Reproduced with the kind permission of the Diageo Archive