A wedding in St Agnes' Church in Balmore Road, Lambhill, taken by Alf Daniel in 1955. The bride and groom stand before the priest, flanked by the best man and the bridesmaid. Potted palms decorate the altar.
The church was built 1893-1894 of Locharbriggs sandstone. The architects, Pugin & Pugin, were much favoured by the Archdiocese of Glasgow at that time.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.165 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club