The paddle steamer Jeannie Deans.
Launched in 1931, the Jeanie Deans was built by the Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co at Govan at a cost of £52,650 for the London & North Eastern Railway Co. Orders for new paddle steamers became increasingly uncommon after the First World War but the was intended to work as a pleasure cruiser on the Firth of Clyde and paddle steamers had the shallow draught needed to dock at the piers at Helensburgh and Craigendorran.
The Jeanie Deans continued to work on the Clyde until 1964, changing ownership several times. For the last three years of her life she saw service on the River Thames, before being broken up in 1967.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums