Dalmarnock House, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan. The house was built in 1784 by Thomas Buchanan of Ardoch, a leading partner in the Glasgow Ship Bank.
Thomas was succeeded by his son, John Buchanan (d 1839) who was also a partner in the bank and elected an MP for Dunbartonshire in 1821. He rebuilt the facade and added wings to the house before he sold the estate to Archibald Grahame of Barrowfield, cashier of the Thistle Bank in Virginia Street.
Dalmarnock Power Station was built on the site in the 1920s. In 2004 the site lies derelict.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections