The Glasgow Stock Exchange on the corner of St George's Place (since 1986 Nelson Mandela Place) and Buchanan Street, c 1900. The Exchange was founded in 1844. The architect John Burnet designed this building in the Venetian Gothic style. It was erected 1875-1877 and an extension was added in St George's Place in 1906. The building was remodelled in 1969-1971.
A corner of St George's Tron Parish Church can be seen to the right of this etching.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e190
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections