This is one of the earliest maps of Glasgow to be produced. Town Council minutes record that in 1641 the treasurer was ordained to pay James Colquhoune "fyve dollouris" for drawing a portrait of the town to be sent to Holland. It was probably not published. Detail is sparse, with only a few unnamed streets shown, but outlying districts and large houses are indicated.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 941.435 MCG
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning